What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that identifies you as an individual.
Who will process my personal data?
Personal data will be processed by associated organisations, the European Association of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging (EAVDI) or the ECVDI®, European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging®. Information is shared between group members in order to help members and provide services however your data will not be shared with third parties without your consent.
You may update any personal information kept by our organisations at any time by logging in to their websites, see specific website for more details.
You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you or to delete personal information by contacting the association administration directly using our online form.
What is the purpose and legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your personal information will be used in the following ways:
- by the association to administer your membership status, credentials, and all further information pertinent to maintenance of the association and its individual members.
- by the association to contact you for important information regarding your member status
- to communicate effectively with you by post, email and phone, including the distribution of relevant newsletters and information.
- to compile statistics and conduct surveys and research for internal and statutory reporting purposes. For these purposes, your data will be anonymised.
- to deliver services to you
We consider the processing of your personal information for these purposes to be either necessary for the performance of our obligations with you (e.g. to manage your specialist status), necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or necessary for the performance of tasks we carry out in the public interest (e.g. non-statutory reporting or research). We require you to provide us with any information we reasonably ask for to enable us to administer your member status. If we require your consent for any specific use of your personal information, we will collect it at the appropriate time and you can withdraw this at any time. We will not use your personal information to carry out any wholly automated decision-making that affects you.
What personal information will be processed?
The College will keep a record of:
- your name, nationality, current contact details, qualifications
- Certification or re-certification documentation and any supporting documents if requested
- Information including photographs and position within committees if appropriate
Technical information specific to members includes:
- For members details such as AGM attendance, committee membership, external organisation membership.
- Details such as Veterinary School, Graduation and Internship details, Country of Residency and current employment.
- In all cases important dates such as acreditation may apply. Some information is covered by financial legislation.
- Public correspondence may result in name, phone, email being stored briefly on college systems while administrators process the query.
How will personal information be processed?
Your personal information is created, stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including some databases that are shared between the EVDI and the Association. Access to your personal information is limited to EVDI or Association staff who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their duties.
How long will personal information be stored?
Your data will be stored for as long as you are member of the association. When you leave the Association, or no longer require the services of the Association, you can opt to store only basic data (e.g. name and title). Data will be kept for 5 years after you have left the Association.