Residency - Utrecht
Resident in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
The faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, is the only veterinary faculty in The Netherlands. In Europe, this faculty has a leading position in education, research and patient care and is accredited by the American and the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association. De faculteit has approximately 900 employees. Information on the faculty may be found on www.uu.nl/vet
The Division of Diagnostic Imaging performs more than 9000 diagnostic imaging procedures (radiography, ultrasonography, CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine) in companion animals and horses on a annual basis.
Starting April 1st 2012, the Division has a position for a resident in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging.
- Resident in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging (m/f)
- 1,0 fte in companion animals and horses
We expect from you:
- A contribution to patient care, teaching and research of the Division of Diagnostic imaging with increasing self-reliance,
- participation in emergency care in the evening, night and weekends (starting 6 to 12 months following appointment).
We are looking for:
- Graduated veterinarians that followed a 12-months internship at a veterinary faculty or worked for at least 2 years in a well-equipped companion animals or equine practice,
- that have a thorough knowledge of both oral and written English and/or Dutch.
- A temporary position for a period of 1 year with a possible extension, if found suitable, of another 3 years.
- A training program that will allow you to take the theoretical part of the ECVDI board exam in 2014 and the practical part of the ECVDI board exam in 2015
- A full-time appointment
- A monthly gross salary of € 2379,- for the first year, increasing to € 2744,- gross per month in the fourth year (scale 10 of the Collective Agreement on Terms of the Dutch Universities). Secondary benefits based on the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities are excellent in general and include e.g. a pension scheme, flexible employment conditions and salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year end bonus of 8,3% per year. Travel costs for international conferences and working meetings are also included. More information can be found on the website.
Are you interested?
Then contact Dr. Susanne Boroffka, telephone +31 30 2531113 , email S.A.E.B.Boroffka@uu.nl">S.A.E.B.Boroffka@uu.nl or Prof.Dr. George Voorhout, telephone +31 30 2531251, email email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please send your application accompanied by a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae and the names and contact info of at least two persons who are able to provide professional reference before 13-02-2011 via de portal of the UU website.